The Finance Committee meets at least once per term to discuss financial governance matters and every month to review the financial performance of the school. The committee comprises Adam Donoghue (Chair of Finance), Jean Scott (Chair of Governors), Sarah Albery (Head Teacher), Jo Leatham (Deputy Head Teacher) and at least 2 further school Governors, supported by Gill Nye (Admin Officer).
The primary purpose of the committee is to oversee the Financial Management of the school, ensuring that school funds are used appropriately and that the right financial decisions are being made.
Key responsibilities comprise:
- Reviewing, understanding and challenging the forecast school expenditure for the year
- Reviewing the school financial performance in the context of other similar schools
- Approving the annual school budget and 3 year financial prediction
- Assuring the suitability of the school’s financial controls and that these financial controls are appropriately applied
- Monitoring the management and use of school funds and ratifying their use against exceptional circumstances
- Monitoring the implementation and review of relevant school policies
- Ensuring that all school resources are being managed in a way that facilitates the delivery of the School Improvement Plan