Guidance for parents/carers on the use of photographic/videoing equipment
Cranleigh C of E Primary School recognises that parents/carers who attend school events such as nativity plays or sports day like to capture special moments in photos or on video. Therefore, parents/carers are permitted to take photographs and/or make videos at Cranleigh C of E Primary School events where they have been invited to attend by the setting.
Parents/carers must adhere to the following guidance at all times when using photographic/videoing equipment at Cranleigh C of E Primary School events.
- Photographs and video captured at school events by parents/carers are for personal use only.
- Photographs and video from school events should not be posted online through any social media network such as Facebook, YouTube or Instagram nor any other website. While Cranleigh C of E Primary School recognises the internet is an easy way to share treasured moments with family and friends we must ensure that we protect and safeguard all children and staff, many of whom do not want their photograph shared online. For others, doing so may compromise their safety. Parents/carers may not always know who these people are and Cranleigh C of E Primary School requires everyone’s support to protect the whole community.
- Parents/carers should not sell or distribute by any other means photographs or video taken at Cranleigh C of E Primary School events.
- Members of staff at Cranleigh C of E Primary School reserve the right to challenge any person using photographic/video equipment at a school event who they do not recognise or where they do not know that person’s connection to pupils. The member of staff also reserves the right to ask the person to stop taking photographs/video if this cannot be established and to ask them to leave if they do not comply with this request.
- Parents/carers should only take photographs/video in the designated areas as set out by the school.
- Parents/carers should not take photographs in sensitive areas such as toilets or changing rooms at any time.
- When at a swimming gala parents/carers should only take photographs of children from the shoulders up.
- Parents/carers should be mindful of the appropriateness of the photographs/videos they are taking at all times. While Cranleigh C of E Primary School will ensure that pupils are appropriately dressed while in the designated areas at the school event parents/carers should ensure that any photographs or footage taken is sensitive and appropriate.
- Cranleigh C of E Primary School reserves the right to ask a parent/carer to leave if they are observed taking inappropriate photographs/video or if they are observed covertly using photographic/video equipment. Where this occurs Cranleigh C of E Primary School will follow necessary safeguarding procedure.
- Cranleigh C of E Primary School reserves the right to remove consent to take photographs/video at any time.
- Parents/carers are required to follow additional guidance in event programmes or announcements from school staff as to when photography and videoing are permitted.