Complaints Procedure

If you have a concern or complaint, we would like you to tell us about it.  We welcome suggestions for improving our work in the school. Be assured that no matter what you want to tell us, our support and respect for you and your child in the school will not be affected in any way.  Please tell us of your concern as soon as possible.  It is difficult for us to investigate properly an incident or problem, which has happened some time ago.


What to do first


Most concerns and complaints can be sorted out quickly. Where you have a concern about any aspect of the school or your child's education or well being, raise this with the classroom teacher via telephone, email or in person. He/she may be able to address your concerns straight away, or arrange a meeting with you to discuss the issue. The office can help you decide who best to speak to.             

If you are not satisfied with the response and believe that issue has not been resolved please express your concerns to the Headteacher in writing. The Headteacher (or delegated member of SLT) will formally investigate and respond to your concerns in writing.


What to do next


If you remain dissatisified following the response of the Headteacher at Stage 1, please complete the Stage 2 complaint form (available from the school office) and return it to the Chair of Governors (via the school office). The Chair of Governors (or delegated governor) will formally investigate and respond to your concerns.


If you are still unhappy


The problem will normally be solved by this stage.  However, if you are still not satisfied you may wish to contact the Clerk to Governors via the school office email address to ask for referral of your complaint to a Governors' Review Panel using the Stage 3 complaint form.  It will then be heard by a group of three governors who have no previous knowledge of the problem and so will be able to give it a fresh assessment.  You will be invited to attend and speak to the panel at a meeting, which the Headteacher will also attend. 


Further action

If you feel that the governing body has acted unreasonably in the handling of the complaint you can complain to the Department for Education after the procedure has been completed.

Ofsted will also consider complaints about schools.  You can contact Ofsted if you feel that a school is not run properly and needs inspecting.  Ofsted will not look into problems with individual pupils.  This course of action is only available if the school complaints procedure has already been followed. 

For more information please refer to our Complaints Procedure.



     Gillian Leadbetter-Simms          

Tim Lewis


Chair of Governors