We believe that effective assessment provides information to improve teaching and learning. We give learners regular feedback on their learning so that they understand what it is that they need to do better.
Click here to read our detailed assessment policy
Our attainment data
Click here to read our current attainment data
This allows us to base our lesson plans on a detailed knowledge of each pupil. We give parents and carers regular written and verbal reports on their child’s progress so that teachers, children and parents and carers are all working together to raise standards for all our children. Since the removal of National Curriculum Levels descriptors and the implementation of the New Curriculum, we have created a system which is aligned to the expectations of the new national curriculum. We will be reporting children’s attainment in terms of their age-related expectations e.g. working at, below or above where our child is for their age.
Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of assessment in our school are:
- To enable our children to demonstrate what they know, understand and can do in their learning;
- to help our children understand what they need to do next to improve;
- to allow teachers to plan work that accurately reflects the needs of each child;
- to provide regular information for parents and carers which enables them to support their child’s learning;
- to provide school leaders and governors with information that allows them to make judgements about the effectiveness of the school.
Click here for more information about our aims and objectives of assessment.
What does this look like across the school?
Click here to read about what assessment looks like across the school?