Although everyone’s circumstances are unique, all of us are facing changes and uncertainty in some form and we recognise that extra support may be needed for our school community at this time. Both in school and through our remote learning we are continuing to support our children by promoting strategies for positive mental health and developing the key skills of resilience, perseverance and determination.
Our school value this term is thankfulness and we are looking at ways that being thankful can help us focus on the positive aspects of life at the moment.
Read more about supporting your wellbeing in our recent newsletter:
Information for young carers from Surrey Young Carers:
Family Learning provides free online parenting courses for parents and carers who are struggling to support their children with school, homework or behaviour issues. Here are just a few examples of the free courses and workshops available:
- English for EAL parents
- Phonics for EAL parents
- Maths for key stage 1 and 2
- Maths - how to be a times table rock star
- Help your child manage anxiety
- Exploring behaviour strategies
- Phonics workshops
- Skills for encouraging mini scientists
- How to access support and services for children
- Understanding children's behaviour
- Parents guides to primary maths
To enrol and find out more about the support they offer click here.